We are at the tail end of summer with the start of school right around the corner. Whether you have kids or not or are going back to school yourself, fall and back to school seem to feel like the kick off to a new year. It’s the time to get back into the groove of things and set up new goals and intentions. While I hope you enjoy the remaining days of summer, here are a few ideas to jumpstart into fall and the next phase.
1) Get involved and have something to look forward to. This is the time to register for new activities or get set up to do something again that you loved. If you have kids, they might be involved in different activities, but it is important to have something for yourself. Maybe it’s yoga, quilting, scrapbooking or boot camp. It doesn’t matter, just get out and do it.
2) Do a fall clean. Use the last days of summer to slowly start reorganizing the house or getting chores crossed off the to-do list. I don’t know about you, but during summer my standard of cleanliness in the house seems to take a dive. However as fall comes and we start spending more time indoors, it’s helpful to have a house that feels organized and clean. Less clutter =less stress.
3) Pick away at yard work. Many of us have certain outdoor chores that need to get finished before freeze up. While it might seem a little premature now, it can save a lot of time and stress to gradually start chipping away. Maybe not all of your flowers need to make it until the end of September, maybe part of the garden can be cleaned out now.
4) Reacquaint yourself with your crock pot. BBQ’s and summer go hand and hand and there will hopefully be many more BBQ days left. However, crock pots can make meal time a lot less hectic, especially as everyone figures out what the new schedules look like.
5) Keep some summer attitude. Stresses seem to be down and many of us are much more carefree in summer. Try to hold on to that a little bit as we transition to fall. Love being outside and taking in the sun? Look for ways to enjoy the crisp fall air. Bike riding, blading, skateboarding, tennis, lots of activities can still be enjoyed well into fall. Don’t let the start of fall shut down the summer activities that brought you pleasure.